The Vision, Mission, Strategy and Values of the Regulator of the National Lottery derive from the National Lottery Act 2013 and public sector values and are set out here:
A safe, sustainable, properly run lottery maximising returns for good causes.
We aim to achieve our vision by:
- Overseeing the operations of the National Lottery and enforcing compliance as required
- Considering proposals from the Operator and approving them as appropriate
- Managing and controlling the National Lottery Fund
- Exercising the enforcement rights of trademarks of the National Lottery
- Ensuring best practice in governance is adopted in the management and governance of the Office
The Strategic Objectives listed below are not in any priority order and are strongly interdependent.
- Strategic Objective 1: The National Lottery continues to be held
- Strategic Objective 2: The National Lottery is run with all due propriety
- Strategic Objective 3: The interests of participants are protected
- Strategic Objective 4: The long-term sustainability of the National Lottery is safeguarded
- Strategic Objective 5: Funds for good causes are maximised (subject to objectives 2, 3 and 4)
- Strategic Objective 6: Governance of the Office achieves best practice and value for money
Our values in achieving this work are:
- Guardianship: acting in the public interest with integrity
- Independence: being objective and impartial
- Transparency: in our decision making and communication
- Accountability: holding ourselves and others to account
- Professionalism: consistent high standards of conduct, competence and courtesy
- Valuing our People: respecting and supporting our people
- Future Focused: innovating and applying evolving knowledge, skills and experience
The RNL acknowledges the importance of its Vision, Mission, Strategy and Values in maintaining high standards and quality provision of service.